[Equipment Configurations] Advice for New Desktop

Hi all,

Our church just recently purchased EasyWorship 7, and now our next challenge to purchase a desktop with sufficient power for projection to three different destinations (operator, congregation, foldback) i.e. triple output, at 1080p resolution.

From the system requirements, we understand that we need at least an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 or higher graphics card and a 3.2 GHz Intel i7, if we want to achieve 4K. However, since 1080p is only approximately "2K", but we do need triple output, we're not sure how to proceed.

Currently, we're looking at the range of i5 (8400, 8500, 8600) and i7 8700, with a GTX 1080. Would anyone be able to comment on whether we should scale up/down?

Dominic

That CPU would be ideal and the included heatsink/fan should be sufficient. I would keep an eye on the temps in the beginning tho. If it starts running above 70C a lot or the fan is too noisy then replace it with something better like a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 or similar.

That CPU would be ideal and the included heatsink/fan should be sufficient. I would keep an eye on the temps in the beginning tho. If it starts running above 70C a lot or the fan is too noisy then replace it with something better like a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 or similar.

Thanks
No problem. Good luck.
And please post back with your final results. Both what you ended up with and how well it is working for you.

Microsoft says you should buy a new computer if yours is more than 3 years old, since Windows 10 might run slowly on older hardware and won't offer all the new features. If you have a computer that's still running Windows 7 but is still fairly new, then you should upgrade

Completely unnecessary. Any Intel based system running a 4th Gen Core i5 or i7 processor will run Easy Worship Windows 10 quite well with an appropriate graphics card and an SSD. Any 2nd Gen Core i3, i5, or i7 or later will Windows 10 just fine, but I would recommend using an SSD instead of a spinning rust hard drive. While i3s in general and 2nd and 3rd Gen i5s and i7 will struggle with EW to some extent, they will still function extremely well as basic office or every day computers. It's the more demanding tasks like Video Editing, 3d Modeling, Projection like EW or ProPresenter that could cause some issues.

As far as AMD systems go, anything older that Ryzen architecture should definitely be replaced except for the most basic tasks.