[Equipment Configurations] RAM Issues

Here's what I have... º AMD Phenom™ processor (Socket AM2+)
º AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core
º High-performance Hyper Transport CPU interface.
º Support transfer rate of 2000/1600/1200 mega-transfers per second
CHIPSET º AMD® 740G & AMD® SB700
º North Bridge: AMD® 740G
º South Bridge: AMD® SB700
GRAPHICS º On Chip ( AMD 740G with 2D/3D graphic engine)
º Integrated DirectX 9 graphics processor
º Share Memory: Maximum up to 512MB
MEMORY º Dual-channel DDR2 memory architecture
º 2 x 240-pin DDR2 DIMM socket support up to 8 GB*
º Support DDR2 800/667/533/400 DDR2 SDRAM
º * (Due to the DRAM maximum size is 2GB at present, the memory maximum size we have tested is 4GB)
Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS.
For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation
SYSTEM BIOS º AMI BIOS with 8Mb SPI ROM

Here is my problem. Upgraded to Easyworship 6 Build 3.3 from EW 9. All went well. My computer only had 2 GB of RAM. No problems (just a little sluggish). Upgraded to 2X 4GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM. Started having crashes, Blue screen memory crashes. Pull 1 of the 2 sticks of ram and tried running on 1 stick 4gb Ram. Crashed in middle of service. Pulled upgraded RAM and re-installed my 2 GB original RAM. No crashes - no problems except a little sluggish. All other programs work and do not crash computer with the 8 GB upgrade - only Easyworship 6. That is the reason I am filing this request for help. If new upgraded RAM was faulty the other programs would crash it as well. I use Photoshop as well and it is a ram hog. Can you help me?

EW6 isn't RAM intensive but graphics intensive and Photoshop doesn't use graphics in same manner it deals with still images and not videos. DDR2 is older slower technology; DDR3 is current standard and DDR4 is new performance leader. What brand RAM did you buy? New or used? Did you test QuickTime or other video playing software? Also the higher memory speeds usually require overclocking which introduces instability; was original RAM running at 800 MHz? Another hint the system is old is 512 MB shared video memory. You might have had better results with 4 GB RAM and a new video card.

When I was upgrading one of my PCs at home it used DDR2 and it was expensive to buy (as happens with older technology) plus it already had 4GB which was that system's limit. Needless to say I built a new system.
I would start out doing:
[list:3kqhmc02]
Windows Memory Diagnostics (build into Windows i newer versions)
Upgrading Chipset and Graphics driver (which might be the very same thing on your system).[/list:u:3kqhmc02]

If you are into that sort of thing, upgrade your Bios. But only i you have a good clue about what you are doing - last time i did that, my computer BlueScreened and restarted at every startup until i found the storage setting the bios upgrade had changed...

I suspect fault memory modules or (more likely) driver problems. EW shouldn't really be able to trigger a Windows Stop Error (Blue Screen) - but it might trigger something in your graphics driver, that PhotoShop doesn't, which crashes your system.

Which Windows version are you running?