[Announcements] Backup & Transfer Tool

[attachment=0]profiletransfer.PNG[/attachment]

One of the things we help customers with the most is transferring their database from one computer to another. One of our developer created a little wizard to help make this easier. This tool can backup EasyWorship 2007 - V7 profiles and restore them. It allows you to backup your media along with the songs. Instead of backing up media shortcuts that are not useful on the new computer, it backs up the real file so everything works when you open EasyWorship. Check it out at

4 people like this

This looks amazing. Going to try it out on all of my Churches computers this week. Tell the developer thanks for us.
Will this preserve the files on the computer this tool exports to? i.e. transferring from home PC to Church PC

I'm hoping this merges and works more like syncing because my home computer has far less songs and data than the laptop at church.

thank you
Based on what I read in the article that is linked I am 99.44% certain that it won't merge the two. What I would do in your case is create a schedule with all of the files on your home computer and save making sure to click "Pack Files In Schedule". Use the transfer backup tool to backup both computers. Do Export the Church profile to your computer. Then open the schedule you created on your computer and use the "Check Schedule For Changes" to import the files from your computer.
Just used this tool when we replaced an old computer....awesome!

Based on what I read in the article that is linked I am 99.44% certain that it won't merge the two. What I would do in your case is create a schedule with all of the files on your home computer and save making sure to click "Pack Files In Schedule". Use the transfer backup tool to backup both computers. Do Export the Church profile to your computer. Then open the schedule you created on your computer and use the "Check Schedule For Changes" to import the files from your computer.

Thank you for this
Thanks! :D
This tool is a lifesaver

Thanks!
I love it also. :D
How about from 2.3 to 7??
You would first need to convert the database/profile from 2.3 format to 2007 format. Rodger King wrote how to do that in an old post in the forums. You can find those instructions at the following link.

You would also need to download and install version 2007. You can find that below.